In two weeks, I’ll be heading back for the fourth time to Cuba. It is not possible for me to give a lot of details about all that we are doing there, but I can tell you that there are great projects that are under way and the Lord is blessing in unique circumstances. We are training several young national pastors who are planting home-based churches, we are working with established churches, we are evangelizing in several cities where there is no Gospel witness in more remote areas of the nation.
I wish I could share some of the wonderful stories and introduce you to some of the wonderful pastors and their families, but discretion is necessary for security reasons.
I have recently obtained a license from the United States government that allows me to legally bring funds for our projects into the country. We are organized under a 501c3 status and our accountability standards are conscientiously followed in the USA and in Cuba. Right now, I am raising funds for several important projects:
- Family Support for a National Pastor and his family for one year -$300 (Seventeen needed)
- Church Support for a new church plant — $2,000 (Allows a new local church to be established)
- Portable CD players and Plugs for each church — $100 (They use these for their music ministry)
- Cymbals for a Haitian/Cuban Church — $100 (They are currently using 1/4 of an old cymbal)
- Roof Repair for a Pastor’s Home — $500
- Transportation Need — $5,000
- Tuition money for training of one national pastor entering the ministry (Seminary) — $1,000
- Funds for books for National Pastors - $20 per book
- Clothing and food needs (special) for National Pastors - $50 per family (24 families needed)
- Seminary Expansion Project $10,000
- Relocation Costs for a National Pastor starting a new church — $1,500
If you could help for any of these projects — from a book to a CD Player to one of the building or major projects, I’ll send you photos of what we are able to do with your help at your request. My wife and I have underwritten the costs for several of these projects to date, but due to a change in our personal situation, we know that it won’t be able to continue much longer at the level we currently support. Some of you have helped in the past or expressed an interest for helping on my next trip. I’ll be leaving in two weeks, so any help you can send now will be in use immediately. (FYI, I am covering all my own travel and personal expenses on this trip.)
If you want to help, please send your gifts to one of these two places:
PO Box 210716
Royal Palm Beach, FL 33421
Grace Baptist Church
Cuban Mission Fund
533 E. Rollins Street
Moberly, MO 65270
Please note on your gift that it is for “Cuban Missions” and mention my name. Thank you in advance for any help that you can give toward helping these wonderful servants of the Lord who minister under very difficult situations. I’ll provide an update when I return.